Did you know,
- About 33 percent of people report feeling extreme stress
- 77 percent of people experience stress that affects their physical health
- 73 percent of people have stress that impacts their mental health
- 48 percent of people have trouble sleeping because of stress
Stress affects many people of all ages and backgrounds, and there are many ways to reduce stress. Some of these include medicine, meditation, therapy, and even activities we enjoy. But one of the best ways to reduce stress is through exercise and improving our physical health.
Stress-reducing benefits of Exercise
Exercise increases your overall health and sense of well-being. But exercise also has some direct stress-reducing benefits.
Some benefits include:
- Exercise increases the production of your endorphins. Physical activity may increase the production of your brain's feel-good neurotransmitters.
- Exercise reduces the negative effects of stress. Exercise can provide stress relief for your body while imitating the effects of stress.
- It improves your mood. Regular exercise can increase self-confidence and improve your mood