MAKING A DIFFERENCE WITH ENHANCED SERVICES FOR ALL ABILITIES
As one of the largest exercise science service providers in North America, GYMGUYZ offers many enhanced services that enable us to deliver effective exercise programs and life skills tutoring to clients of all abilities.
As an example for those living with autism, exercise has been proven to increase focus, develop communications skills, improve academic performance, increase safety (preventing injuries and harm), improve daily living activities, teach time management, increase self-esteem, and enhance community-relation skills to gain employment and build confidence.
In fact, in a study of over 700 autism families conducted by Arizona State University, exercise was the number 1 rated treatment overall.
Delivering our enhanced exercise services takes dedication, experience, the proper equipment, effective operational systems, and time-tested processes used to seamlessly work with clients and their families. And we have them all in place. We work within many federal and state programs designed to make exercise readily available to clients of all abilities.
Our services include:
- Exercise Science – The study of the bodily movements that contribute to safety, human fitness, holistic wellness and longevity.
- Life Skills Tutoring – Exercise science, nutritional coaching for making healthy choices, coaching safe movement mechanics for preventing injuries and helping with daily activities, coaching for time management, building confidence, and enhancing communication skills.
- Cognitive Development – Improve cognitive function, enable safer movement capacity, strengthen immune function and lower health care costs, increase self-esteem, build communication skills for employment, improve balance and coordination, increase energy levels, manage stress, and enhance mood.
- Adaptive Fitness – Is exercise science for those with disabilities. The workouts are adapted to the needs of the individual. These workouts might include strength training, stretching, Pilates, massage, core work, and cardio
- Yoga – A system of exercises for mental and physical health.
- Pilates – A form of low-impact exercise that aims to strengthen muscles while improving postural alignment and flexibility.
- Sport-specific Training – Sport-specific training is simply fitness and performance training designed specifically for the enhancement of athletic performance.
- Nutritional Coaching – Helping clients develop and progress towards their personal wellness goals by empowering them to take responsibility for their own health and nutritional needs.
- Bootcamps – a short, intensive, and rigorous course of training often designed for small groups.
- Kick-boxing – A form of martial arts that involves punches and kicks at four contact points; the two hands and feet.
- Pre- and Post-natal Fitness – Generally aimed at light cardiovascular workouts combined with light weight training, both of which are designed to restore muscle strength and firm up the postnatal body including the abdominal muscles.
- Senior fitness – Enhances mobility, flexibility, and balance.
- Zumba! – A fitness class that combines dance and fitness moves.
- Athletic Trainers –An athletic trainer is a certified and licensed health care professional who practices in the field of sports medicine.
- Recreational Therapists – This staff member delivers a treatment service designed to restore a person’s level of functioning and independence in life activities. Recreational therapists seek to promote health and wellness as well as reduce or eliminate the activity limitations and restriction to participation in life situations caused by an illness or disabling condition, and build confidence.
- Nutritionist – A certified professional highly trained to plan and/or formulate special meals that enhance a client’s health and wellness.