Making a difference with ENHANCED SERVICES FOR ALL ABILITIES
As one of the largest exercise science service providers in North America, GYMGUYZ offers many enhanced services that enable us to deliver effective exercise programs to clients of all abilities.
As an example, for those living with autism, exercise has been proven to increase focus, develop communications skills, improve academic performance, and build confidence. Our dedicated staff understands exactly how to work with a diverse set of clients that each have different learning and communication styles – and the results are simply amazing.
In fact, in a study of over 700 autism families conducted by Arizona State University, exercise was the number 1 rated treatment overall.
Delivering our enhanced exercise services takes dedication, experience, the proper equipment, effective operational systems, and time-tested processes used to seamlessly work with clients and their families. And we have them all in place. We work within many federal and state programs designed to make exercise readily available to clients of all abilities.
Our services include:
- Exercise Science - The study of the bodily movements that contribute to human fitness, holistic wellness and longevity.
- Yoga - A system of exercises for mental and physical health.
- Pilates - A form of low-impact exercise that aims to strengthen muscles while improving postural alignment and flexibility.
- Sport-specific Training – Sport-specific training is simply fitness and performance training designed specifically for the enhancement of athletic performance.
- Nutritional Coaching - Helping clients develop and progress towards their personal wellness goals by empowering them to take responsibility for their own health and nutritional needs.
- Bootcamps - a short, intensive, and rigorous course of training often designed for small groups.
- Kick-boxing - A form of martial arts that involves punches and kicks at four contact points; the two hands and feet.
- Pre- and Post-natal Fitness - Generally aimed at light cardiovascular workouts combined with light weight training, both of which are designed to restore muscle strength and firm up the postnatal body including the abdominal muscles.
- Senior fitness - Enhances mobility, flexibility, and balance.
- Zumba! - A fitness class that combines dance and fitness moves.
These services are delivered by caring individuals that include:
- Athletic Trainers -An athletic trainer is a certified and licensed health care professional who practices in the field of sports medicine.
- Recreational Therapists – This staff member delivers a treatment service designed to restore, remediate and rehabilitate a person’s level of functioning and independence in life activities. Recreational therapists seek to promote health and wellness as well as reduce or eliminate the activity limitations and restriction to participation in life situations caused by an illness or disabling condition
- Nutritionist – A certified professional highly trained to plan and/or formulate special meals that enhance a client’s health and wellness.
Contact GYMGUYZ today to learn more about our enhanced services.