Strength Training in San Jose
Challenge Your Body in New Ways
Building strength the right way takes knowledge and attention to form that usually only comes from years of experience.
If you want a strength training program that can help you prevent injury and achieve maximum gains, the certified trainers at GYMGUYZ Santa Clara Valley can help.
To get in touch with out strength training coaches in San Jose, call (408) 430-5999 today!
Keys to an Effective Strength Training Routine
We have compiled some of the basic elements that go into an effective, challenging, and enjoyable routine.
- Warm Up: Several minutes should be devoted to preparing muscles for intensity.
- Lock Down Good Form: At the very beginning of a new strength workout, it is best to use minimal weight or no weight at all until the form is mastered.
- Control Tempo: One of the most common strength training mistakes is using body momentum instead of muscle. Lifting and lowering should be performed at an even tempo without shifting body weight to gain momentum.
- Focus on a Muscle Group: Beginner workouts can focus on full body routines with less specialization. More advanced workouts can isolate muscles and muscle groups.
- Ideal Repetitions: The right rep count is usually between 12 and 15. If you can’t reach that number, you have too much weight. If that number is easy to reach, increase your weight.
- Rest Between Sets: Depending on the kind of workout, shorter rest intervals can help with building endurance and longer rest intervals can help increase performance.
- Provide Recovery Time: Providing a couple days between workouts allows muscles to fully recover.
Different Kinds of Strength Training
There are a variety of different kinds of strength-related workouts. Some of these are focused on higher repetitions and some focus more on high intensity. Our strength training coaches in San Jose can tweak any of these to fit your goals.
Focus on pairing an upper body workout with a lower body workout.
The goal is to pursue the highest intensity possible with relatively few reps.
The goal here is high intensity with few repetitions performed quickly.
Slightly less intensity with higher reps.
Low intensity with high repetitions and very short rest intervals.
Set up a free initial session or give us a call at (408) 430-5999 today.