Senior Fitness in Vaughan
Safe, Virtual or in-home Personal training sessions customized for seniors
Exercise plays an important role in how we age and how to stay healthy during our senior years. Physical exercise has many benefits including lowering tension, managing stress, controlling cholesterol, reducing the chance of injury and minimizing the effects of countless chronic conditions. Experienced GYMGUYZ Vaughan coaches can help you get your body and mind into shape through an exercise program focused on functional strength training, balance, stretching and cardiovascular activities. Furthermore, our virtual training sessions are easy to attend, provide one-on-one instruction, and perfect for the times.
Many of the exercises incorporated into our senior fitness programs will target:
Age doesn’t limit the benefits of exercise. In fact, working out as you get older can help you retain your balance, strength, flexibility, and mobility. At GYMGUYZ Vaughan, our certified personal trainers have worked with many clients to develop a senior fitness program customized to each individual’s needs and preferences.
Staying active is one of the best ways to improve your quality of life as you age, and we can help you do it in safe, effective, and fun way—all in the comfort of your own home!
Maintain a healthy, active lifestyle. Call (647) 699-3934 to learn more about our senior fitness training services in Vaughan!
How Fitness Benefits You as You Age
Physical fitness offers so many health benefits—and not just physically. The perks of staying active extend to your mental and emotional health, too.
Some of the many ways you can benefit from a senior fitness program include:
- More energy – Though it may seem like being active would use up the energy you have, in practice, being active generates more energy to do all the things you want to do.
- Better circulation – As they say, exercise gets the blood pumping. This is important for seniors, since the heart and blood vessels stiffen over time. Physical activity can help maintain a healthy cardiovascular system, which can also reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Stronger lungs – Fitness training that includes aerobic activity gets more oxygen moving throughout the body and strengthens the diaphragm and intercostal muscles—as in, the ones that help us breathe.
- Lowered blood pressure – Our trainers can incorporate exercises into your fitness program that help to control or regulate blood pressure. Regular physical activity has been shown to be effective in managing high blood pressure.
- Reduced risk of diabetes – Along with proper nutrition, physical fitness is key in maintaining a healthy weight and reducing the risk of developing diabetes as you age.
- Reduced stress and anxiety – Although we think of them in mental or emotional terms, stress and anxiety can have negative physical effects on the body. However, physical activity is linked to an improved mood, reduced stress, and lower anxiety.
- Improved cholesterol – Exercise can help keep arteries free and clear by increasing the “good” cholesterol (HDL) and encouraging the body to expel the “bad” cholesterol (LDL).
Exercises for Seniors from Certified Personal Trainers
GYMGUYZ Vaughan brings the gym to you, designing an at-home workout targeting your specific goals. As a senior, your fitness goals will often include increasing or maintaining mobility, balance, strength, and flexibility. Our personal trainers create fun, creative senior workouts that keep you engaged—no two workouts are ever the same. We come to you and bring any equipment you might need.
Our senior fitness training programs are designed to improve:
- Mobility through functional fitness, helping you maintain the ability to climb stairs, lift everyday objects, bend and crouch, and more.
- Balance, which helps decrease the risk of falling—a major cause of serious injury for seniors.
- Strength, with a focus on slowing or preventing the natural loss of bone density and muscle mass that comes with age.
- Flexibility, which can further reduce your risk of injury from everyday activities.
By bringing you our senior fitness training in Vaughan or the surrounding areas, we can help you maintain your independence and stay fit and healthy well into your golden years.
Call (647) 699-3934 to schedule your free assessment.