Throughout the holiday season, we tend to waver away from our diets— and in the process, you may find yourself introduced to new diets that your friends or family members may be following throughout the holidays and beyond. Good news— we’ve got a recipe that hits just about every single dietary restriction, plus it’s healthy AND tasty (not to mention easy to make!). You’ll want to make extra— everyone’s going to want a second helping of these mashed cauliflower “potatoes”.
What you’ll need (makes 4 servings):
- 2 medium cauliflower heads (about 3 lbs.)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp fresh chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- Rinse the cauliflower and chop into florets.
- Add an inch or two of water to a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the pot and boil for about 7 minutes, testing for doneness— the cauliflower should be fork tender.
- Drain the cauliflower and and transfer to your food processor. Add the garlic and seasonings, then process until the cauliflower reaches your desired texture.
- For added creaminess, add a little bit of dairy/soy-free butter or a splash of plain, unsweetened almond milk.
- For added flavor, experiment with various herbs and seasonings!
Recipe adapted from http://detoxinista.com/2012/11/mashed-cauliflower-vegan-paleo/