Recipe of the Week: Paleo Pancakes
One of the hardest things to adjust to on the paleo diet is the lack of carbs. This is especially true in the morning when all you really want is a stack of fluffy pancakes. It takes a lot of discipline to stay on track, but should you feel the urge to hop in the car and drive to your nearest diner, we urge you to consider this surprisingly delicious recipe for paleo pancakes!
What You’ll Need:
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp of baking soda
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- ½ tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup
How to Make:
- In a small bowl, mix together your coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a bigger, separate bowl, mix together your eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond/coconut milk, honey and maple syrup.
- Slowly integrate in the dry mixture with the wet mixture until all is thoroughly combined.
- Heat a medium to large skillet on medium heat and spray with coconut oil.
- If you notice the mixture is thickening up too much, add more almond or coconut milk so that the batter is consistent with regular pancake batter.
- Pour batter onto heated skillet in the size of palm-sized circles.
- Flip until each side is golden brown.