The beauty of eating healthy is that it challenges you to be creative. If you are truly committing to an improved lifestyle you must look at foods in a different way, otherwise, your diet might become quite boring. Nearly every day for a month, I have been eating the signature staple breakfast— eggs. How can eggs be that exciting you might ask; it’s all about the sides. Here’s my new favorite homemade recipe for sweet potato hash, and yes, it’s paleo-approved.
What You’ll Need:
- Medium to large sweet potato
- Half large sweet yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 ½ cups raw spinach
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serves 2 people
How To Make:
- Cube sweet potato into small pieces.
- Once finished, heat large, oven-safe, skillet to medium-high. Coat pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- After about a minute, add sweet potato cubes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While cooking, slice yellow onion and mince garlic. Add to pan and stir in. Let cook until oven reaches 400 degrees.
- Place pan with onions, sweet potatoes, garlic into oven. Let cook until sweet potatoes are easily punctured with a fork.
- With an oven mitt on, remove the pan and place it back on your burner. Turn to low. Add raw spinach.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly until spinach is wilted.
- Serve with your choice of eggs!