Recipe of the Week: Sweet Potato Hash
The beauty of eating healthy is that it challenges you to be creative. If you are truly committing to an improved lifestyle you must look at foods in a different way, otherwise, your diet might become quite boring. Nearly every day for a month, I have been eating the signature staple breakfast— eggs. How can eggs be that exciting you might ask; it’s all about the sides. Here’s my new favorite homemade recipe for sweet potato hash, and yes, it’s paleo-approved.
What You’ll Need:
- Medium to large sweet potato
- Half large sweet yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 ½ cups raw spinach
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serves 2 people
How To Make:
- Cube sweet potato into small pieces.
- Once finished, heat large, oven-safe, skillet to medium-high. Coat pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- After about a minute, add sweet potato cubes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While cooking, slice yellow onion and mince garlic. Add to pan and stir in. Let cook until oven reaches 400 degrees.
- Place pan with onions, sweet potatoes, garlic into oven. Let cook until sweet potatoes are easily punctured with a fork.
- With an oven mitt on, remove the pan and place it back on your burner. Turn to low. Add raw spinach.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly until spinach is wilted.
- Serve with your choice of eggs!