Recipe of the Week: Shrimp, Asparagus, and Lemon Stir Fry
Chances are your weekly meal prep involves different combinations of the same ingredients. Getting bored? We thought so. As wonderful as our diet staples are, it helps to change things up a bit— and it helps you develop a better relationship with the foods you’re eating! This week, we’ve found a tasty, simple recipe for a shrimp, asparagus and lemon stir fry in the hopes that most of you don’t eat shrimp quite as often as you’re eating chicken (but if you are, more power to you— it’s the fruit of the sea!). Enjoy the summer’s freshest offerings with this quick dinner any night this week.
What You’ll Need:
For the stir fry:
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh, raw jumbo shrimp (peeled/deveined)
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
For the sauce:
- 2/3 c. chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
How To Make:
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce and then set the sauce aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil over medium.
- Add the shrimp and fry for about 3 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside on a separate plate.
- Add the rest of the olive oil into the same pan and return to medium.
- Add asparagus and cook until it begins to turn golden-brown.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add in ginger and garlic and cook together for a few minutes.
- Pour the lemon sauce over the asparagus and add back in the shrimp, simmering until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and serve!
Recipe and photo adapted from http://homecookingmemories.com/shrimp-asparagus-stir-fry-lemon-sauce/