Fat bomb. It doesn’t sound appetizing, but you can’t judge a book by it’s cover… Or title. Fat bombs are full of healthy nutrients to boost your energy, and they’re basically dessert (but we don’t recommend eating 6 in one sitting, although it might be tempting). When you’re on the move and you need a quick snack, grab a fat bomb from the fridge and carry on your merry way. They’re also low in carbs, while high in potassium and, you guessed it, fat— the good kind. Obviously these aren’t something you want to eat all the time, but they do work perfectly as your mid-morning snack.
What You’ll Need:
- 7.1 oz. coconut butter (also called creamed coconut)
- ¼ c. extra virgin coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh lemon zest (use organic/unwaxed lemons!) or 1-2 tsp. lemon extract
- 15-20 drops of Stevia extract (depending on how sweet you like your sweets!)
You’ll also need:
- Mini muffin tin
- Mini muffin liners
How to Make:
- Allow coconut oil & butter to soften to room temp
- Zest the lemon
- Mix oil, butter and zest together; add Stevia
- Make sure Stevia and lemon zest are evenly distributed
- Scoop about 1 tbsp. into each lined compartment of the mini muffin tray
- Place in fridge (we recommend placing a tray below the muffin tin in case of drips)
- Let sit 40-60 minutes until solid
- Pop one out and enjoy!
- Keep these in the fridge until you’re ready to eat one— coconut oils and butters liquefy at room temperature!
***Recipe adopted from http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2014/07/07/Easy-Lemon-Fat-Bombs