Recipe of the Week: Turkey and Cranberry Salad
More leftovers from Thanksgiving? No problem. This cranberry turkey salad is delicious— and pairs well with any other leftovers you might have (seriously— what DOESN’T pair well with a sandwich?). It takes about 10 minutes to make, so you don’t have to slave over a meal for a second time.
What you’ll need:
- 3 c leftover turkey, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ c light mayonnaise
- ⅓ c cranberry sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Splash lemon juice
- Celery salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste
- Optional: Chopped walnuts
- Not optional: Delicious whole-grain bread, toasted
How to make:
- Mix turkey, spices, celery, walnuts (if using), onions, and garlic in large bowl.
- Add in cranberry sauce, lemon juice, and mayo (tip: add in a little mayo at a time until desired consistency is achieved).
- Let sit in the fridge for a few hours to enhance flavor (or eat right away)
- Serve with lettuce on your toasted whole-grain bread, or on top of a salad.