More leftovers from Thanksgiving? No problem. This cranberry turkey salad is delicious— and pairs well with any other leftovers you might have (seriously— what DOESN’T pair well with a sandwich?). It takes about 10 minutes to make, so you don’t have to slave over a meal for a second time.
What you’ll need:
- 3 c leftover turkey, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ c light mayonnaise
- ⅓ c cranberry sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Splash lemon juice
- Celery salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste
- Optional: Chopped walnuts
- Not optional: Delicious whole-grain bread, toasted
How to make:
- Mix turkey, spices, celery, walnuts (if using), onions, and garlic in large bowl.
- Add in cranberry sauce, lemon juice, and mayo (tip: add in a little mayo at a time until desired consistency is achieved).
- Let sit in the fridge for a few hours to enhance flavor (or eat right away)
- Serve with lettuce on your toasted whole-grain bread, or on top of a salad.