Just about everything tastes better in muffin form. So when we stumbled across this recipe for breakfast burrito muffins, we knew we had to share. You’ll love them, and everyone around you will thank you for them— plus they’ll make busy mornings SO much easier.
What you’ll need:
- 2 c. spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 5 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. water
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except for eggs, water, and cheese in large bowl
- Fill greased muffin tins with this mixture (there will be space left at the top for the egg/water/cheese)
- Beat eggs, water, and cheese in a separate bowl
- Pour over veggie mixture and sprinkle more shredded cheddar on top (optional)
- Bake for 20 minutes (until cooked through).
Tip: Experiment with different versions of this! You can top with salsa or incorporate other ingredients like onions or sausage.
Recipe adapted from http://www.scrumptiouslyskinny.com/2013/09/01/breakfast-burrito-muffins/