We’ve all had to resist the urge to order take-out on those busy nights when we just can’t stand the thought of cooking. We’ve also all had those nights where we totally have the time and energy to cook but just crave take-out. The next time you get those cravings for fried rice, leave the phone down and grab these ingredients (P.S. this recipe works best with cold/leftover rice, so that means even less work for you!).
What you’ll need:
- 1 c. dry long-grain brown rice
- 2 ½ c. water
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- ½ c chopped onion
- 1 c diced bell pepper, any color
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce (can also use lite)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ⅓ c chopped scallions
How to make:
- Use rice, water and salt to cook rice according to package directions. Make the night beforehand or use leftover rice— it’s best if it’s completely cold before you start frying it!
- Heat EVOO in large skillet
- Add chicken, onion, bell peppers, and ginger. Cook until chicken is mostly cooked.
- Add in cold rice and water and increase heat to medium-high.
- Clear space in the pan, add egg and scramble. Toss in with the rest of the mix.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil, remove from heat.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped scallions!
Adapted from http://skinnyms.com/clean-eating-chicken-fried-rice-recipe/