It’s September. For those of us who can’t wait for fall, pumpkin-flavored everything is officially now acceptable to consume all of the time. A fan favorite for pumpkin lovers is the ever-famous Pumpkin Spice Latte, brewed up by so many commercial coffee chains throughout the country. Good news: Now you don’t have to drop $5 every time you want to indulge in one, and with this healthy recipe, you can indulge again and again without feeling guilty. Enjoy!
What you’ll need (makes 2 servings):
- 2 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk (any kind, skim, whole or even almond)
- ¼ – ½ c. pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar or maple syrup to sweeten
What to do:
- Mix all ingredients except for the coffee together in a blender (you can also whisk by hand)
- Pour a cup of your freshly-brewed coffee into a large mug
- Pour half of the pumpkin mixture over the coffee
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, enjoy, repeat!