Recipe of the Week: Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Sometimes, you need a little pick-me-up that isn’t coffee. Luckily, we get plenty of energy from the food we eat, and with this almost-magical recipe for peanut butter energy bites, you’ll get a delicious little midday snack that also provides protein and carbohydrates that your body will convert into the energy you need to carry on with your busy day.
What you’ll need:
- ⅔ c peanut butter (creamy or smooth)
- ½ c semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 c old-fashioned oats
- ½ c ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
How to make:
- Mix everything together in a bowl
- Place in the fridge for 10-20 minutes
- Remove from the fridge and roll into a dozen balls
- Store in the fridge up to 1 week!
Tip: If you’re feeling really ambitious, add in dried fruit pieces or omit chocolate chips and coat in melted dark chocolate instead!