Love Thai food but want a healthier version? This recipe for shrimp pad thai is your answer— it comes together quickly, it’s healthy, and it’s delicious. We would even argue it’s quicker than takeout.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 oz. dry brown rice noodles
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 8 oz. shrimp, peeled & deveined *save money by using frozen shrimp, just be sure to thaw before cooking!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 c sprouts
- ½ c grated carrots
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ c chopped peanuts
- ¼ c chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (this MAKES the flavor)
- 1 ½ tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp chili garlic paste
How to Make:
- Cook noodles according to package’s instructions (soft, not mushy). Drain and let cool while you prepare the rest.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. *You can add more chili garlic paste for spicier pad thai.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add shrimp, and cook until just pink.
- Add garlic and noodles, stirring to coat everything with garlic. Push to side of pan.
- Crack eggs into empty side of skillet and break the yolk; allow to cook for 30 seconds or so (just setting).
- Stir into the shrimp & noodles, and then stir in the sauce.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the peanuts and cilantro and cook until sprouts are tender and crisp.
- Sprinkle peanuts and cilantro over the top and serve!
Recipe adapted from http://www.wellplated.com/healthy-shrimp-pad-thai/