Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
If you don’t love Brussels Sprouts, you will after you try this recipe. Roasted with the perfect flavors and drizzled with even more good stuff, these make the perfect side dish. And if you do already love your Sprouts, you may not even need a main course. Give yourself a few minutes to prep plus a half hour for cooking and you’ve got delicious, healthy veggies that even the pickiest kid will find tasty.
What you’ll need:
- 2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts, halved.
- 1 red onion, sliced.
- 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels Sprouts with onion, EVOO, salt, pepper, and mustard seeds. Spread evenly onto baking sheet and roast 25-30 minutes until browning slightly, moving them around every so often.
- To serve: Whisk together Balsamic, honey, and mustard and drizzle over the roasted sprouts.
Recipe adapted from http://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/balsamic-roasted-brussels-sprouts/#_a5y_p=5125993