Fried doesn’t mean unhealthy, especially when you only use a small amount of oil and it’s one of the healthier options, such as EVOO. These patties are a great meal or snack to prepare ahead of time, and you can reheat them throughout the week if you’ve got a busy week ahead of you. They’re quick to make, versatile, tasty, and packed with protein and iron. They’re great on top of salads, on a whole-grain bun, or on their own. Enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 c cooked quinoa
- 1 c panko bread crumbs
- ¼ c parmesan cheese
- 4.5 oz frozen chopped spinach, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ c diced onion
- ½ c chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp EVOO
How to make:
- Whisk eggs, salt, and Italian seasoning together
- Stir in quinoa, panko, parmesan, spinach, garlic, onion and sun dried tomatoes
- Form 15 patties with the resulting mixture
- Heat the EVOO in a skillet and fry until golden on both sides (about 3 minutes per side), flipping once.
- Serve with a side salad and sauce of your choice!
Adapted from http://apple-of-my-eye.com/2015/09/11/italian-quinoa-protein-patties/#