Turmeric is beneficial for multiple things— but one of the most-touted is its capability to reduce and prevent inflammation. One of the best things about this cheerful yellow spice is that it adds a flavor punch to seemingly plain dishes— and not much is needed in order to accomplish these effects! In the midst of this chilly winter, you may want to curl up with a cup of something sweet and hot. Rather than revert to the calorie and sugar-loaded hot cocoa days of your past, give this healthy turmeric latte a chance one of these winter evenings!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup milk of choice (any variety works, but unsweetened almond milk is one of our favorites!)
- ½-1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Maple syrup to taste
- Sprinkle of cinnamon to garnish
How to make:
- Add milk and spices to a saucepan and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Heat over medium until foaming. Don’t let it boil!
- Once warm enough for your liking, pour into your favorite mug and enjoy with your morning newspaper or your evening shows.