If you’re like many, you probably don’t eat salmon very often. But when you do, you want it to be packed with as much flavor as it is nutrition. With this simple and tasty recipe for chili lime salmon, you’ll have a healthy and delicious meal in no time. Pair with a side of lemon pepper asparagus or a small salad for even more vitamins.
What you’ll need:
- ½ c. freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- ¼ c. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 2 tbsp. water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tsp. red chili flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 4 wild-caught salmon fillets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
What to do:
- Preheat oven to broil settings on high heat, 350 degrees.
- Spray a sheet pan with oil and set aside.
- Whisk everything from lime juice to salt together in a small bowl until combined. Whisk in the honey until evenly distributed throughout mixture.
- Place the salmon fillets, chopped pepper, and onion wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet. Pour half of the marinade over the top. Rotate the salmon and gently toss the peppers and onions to evenly distribute the marinade.
- Broil until the edges of the peppers begin to char and the salmon is cooked to your liking (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from oven and serve with lime wedges and extra marinade.
Tip: If you’re looking for a less formal but still healthy way to present this (like for the upcoming Super Bowl), cut the salmon into smaller chunks and the peppers into larger pieces, marinade as directed, and slide onto skewers before placing them under the broiler!
Recipe adapted from http://cafedelites.com/2016/05/16/sheet-pan-chili-lime-salmon/