Recipe of the Week: Caprese Chicken Roll-Ups
It’s that season again. It’s the beginning of spring, but we’re craving fresh flavors that, for the most part, we had to give up for the winter. Luckily, you can get your favorite sunny season’s flavors in a jif with this recipe— and once you’ve got your own garden underway, it’ll taste even better with fresh tomatoes and basil right from your backyard. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 6 chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 c shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 1 c shredded basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking dish and set aside.
- Lay each chicken breast out flat. Sprinkle with sea salt and coarse black pepper to taste, then drizzle with EVOO.
- Layer mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes by sprinkling into the center of each chicken breast, taking care not to use too much (or else it won’t roll).
- Roll each chicken breast up and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken juice runs clear.
- Serve with a side salad and balsamic glaze for dipping!