The heat is starting to kick in— and we’re feeling it. It’s making our cravings for summery foods that much stronger. If you’re itching to get out and grill, throw a few extra chicken breasts on and save them for this delicious recipe for southwest-style chicken and avocado burritos. They’re easy and quick to make, saving you extra time to get outside and enjoy the things you love most about these warmer seasons!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups cooked & shredded chicken breast
- 1 very ripe, diced avocado
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- ¼ c. salsa of choice
- 4 tbsp. sour cream
- Cheese to sprinkle, if desired
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Tip: If you like black beans, they make a great addition to the burrito or the perfect side!
How to Make:
- Heat oil in a pan and saute chicken— sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, stirring every few minutes for about 10 minutes.
- While cooking, spread sour cream evenly over one side of each tortilla (Tip: You can heat the tortillas if desired)
- Remove chicken from heat and spread over tortillas evenly.
- Sprinkle with diced avocado, cilantro, and a dollop of salsa
- Roll up and enjoy!