Sometimes you just need to break out of the typical “scrambled eggs and toast” routine. We have the perfect protein-packed proposition for you: Avocado poached eggs. Healthy fats, protein, and a whole lot of yum with relatively little effort.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 avocado
- 2 large eggs
- Salt & pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
- Halve your avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out a bit of extra flesh to allow room for your egg.
- Add about 3 inches of water (enough to submerge a cracked egg without it touching the bottom) and a splash of vinegar into a large pan.
- Bring water to a gentle boil.
- Crack one egg into a cup and slide it into the water.
- Repeat with second egg.
- Cook in water for 3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove; be sure to drain as much water as possible. The key is to be gentle with the egg as they crack very easily.
- Pop your egg into the hole in the avocado, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and enjoy.
Tip: We recommend a slice of sprouted toast on the side to dip into the extra yolk.