Become the master of multitasking. By this, we mean: Invest in a crockpot. Crock pots make meals SO much easier. Throw a few things together, turn the heat up, cover, and let it cook while you’re at work. You get to come home to a delicious meal, your house will smell fantastic, and your family will appreciate all the hard work you *must* have put into such a tasty meal (don’t worry— it’s our little secret). This recipe for white chicken chili (adapted from mynaturalfamily.com) is perfect for any season, so you can make it year-round (or freeze the leftovers and just enjoy whenever you like). We call it health comfort food. Enjoy!
- 2 ½ lbs. boneless & skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cans of Great Northern beans
- 2 cans diced chilies
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- 1 tbsp. coarse salt
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. coconut milk
- ¼ c. cornstarch
- ½ c. water
- ⅓ c. chopped cilantro
- Add everything except for the water, cornstarch, and cilantro into a crockpot early in the morning
- Let cook for 5-6 hours
- Scoop the chicken out and place in a bowl. Shred into pieces with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth, then add to pot.
- Add chicken back into pot and stir together.
- Cook 30 more minutes, add additional seasonings as desired, add in cilantro, and serve!