Looking for something quick, simple, and tasty to make for a New Year’s Eve dinner? Give this recipe a go— it combines healthy ingredients to bring you a delicious dish that resembles the long-time fajita favorite, without the tortilla.
What you’ll need:
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh, chopped cilantro
For the chicken:
- 6 thin-sliced chicken cutlets (¼ inch)
- ½ each, sliced:
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- 1 c frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 onion, sliced
How to make:
- Whisk together marinade ingredients
- Place chicken cutlets into large freezer bag and pour marinade over top
- Place the bag in your fridge and allow to marinade overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Remove chicken cutlets from the bag and place on a large foiled baking tray
- Place even amounts of bell pepper, spinach and onion in the middle of each cutlet, roll up firmly, and secure with a toothpick.
- Brush leftover marinade over the tops of the cutlets, then place in oven and bake 30 minutes or until juice runs clear.