Recipe of the Week: Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
Fall is here, which means that comfort foods are a must (especially on chilly nights). Luckily, this recipe can be thrown into your slow cooker before you head off to work, and it will be ready and waiting for you by the time you get home– and there’s nothing better than being greeted at the door with the scent of a delicious meal. Chicken tortellini soup: It’s your next must-make.
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinned chicken breast
- 3 medium carrots (diced)
- 3 celery stalks (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 c chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 c water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp celery salt
- 2 c tortellini
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: 2 c spinach and a French baguette
Time-Saving Tip: You can purchase carrots, celery and onion pre-chopped to make this even easier for you!
How to make:
- Add everything into your slow cooker, omitting tortellini, bread, and spinach if using.
- Cook on low for 6 hours (or slightly longer, depending on your work day).
- Remove chicken breast and shred.
- Add back into slow cooker with the tortellini and cook until tortellini are done (about 15 minutes).
- Add spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove & discard bay leaves.
- Slice your baguette and serve on the side!
Recipe adapted from http://therecipecritic.com/2015/11/slow-cooker-chicken-tortellini-soup/