Recipe of the Week: Steamed Cod With Scallions and Ginger
In the midst of a busy week, it can be tough to find healthy recipes that save time AND taste good. In between your workouts, driving the kids to practice, and countless other tasks, dinner plans can fall to the wayside before you even realize it; and you inevitably end up hastily ordering takeout to satisfy the hunger in a pinch. We’ve been there, too— and we know how frustrating it is to have a tasty dinner planned, only to change it up at the last minute in favor of something quicker because there just aren’t enough minutes in the day.
With this recipe steamed cod recipe, you’re getting the best of all worlds; and you don’t have to worry about wasting money on ingredients you don’t use in favor of a prepared meal, because this recipe takes a total of 20 minutes from start to finish AND uses only 6 ingredients (plus salt and pepper— but that’s a given!). You’ll enjoy your dinner, but you might enjoy all that extra time on your hands even more!
What you’ll need:
- 4 skinless cod fillets (between 4 and 6 oz. each)
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 scallions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
How to make:
- Season your cod fillets all around with a good rub of salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, combine soy sauce, vinegar and ginger.
- Place fillets into mixture in the skillet and allow to come to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook 6-8 minutes.
- Once done cooking, sprinkle the thinly-sliced scallion pieces over the fish.
- Allow to cook a few more minutes until fish is no longer see-through and scallions are slightly wilted.
Tip: Try with some quick wasabi mashed potatoes on the side for a rounded meal!
Recipe adapted from: http://www.marthastewart.com/337271/steamed-cod-with-ginger-and-scallions