Ah, busy mornings, a staple of the American lifestyle. Whether you’re in a rush to get out the door or not, breakfast is key to making sure you have enough energy to last through the morning while functioning at your maximum capacity. Skip it, and you could find yourself crashing before even making it until lunch.
But when we’re in a pinch, breakfasts can seem daunting and become less of a priority than other aspects of your morning routine. With this quick and easy recipe for English muffin breakfast pizza, you’ll be changing your tune (and gladly). Give it a whirl!
What you’ll need:
- Whole grain English muffin
- Tomato paste or marinara
- Low-fat shredded mozzarella
- Veggies of your choice (we love olives and mushrooms!)
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Slice your english muffin in half and place in oven while oven is heating up (so that the sauce won’t make your muffin soggy)
- Once your oven reaches the preferred temperature, remove both halves and top with marinara
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top (you can skip if you want— the veggies are the important part!)
- Load up on your favorite veggies
- Pop into the oven until the cheese melts (about 5 minutes)