Lunches can be hard. When you’re in a pinch, finding a healthy balance that will give you the energy boost you need without taking a ton of time can be challenging— but this recipe for tuna-stuffed avocados can save the day time after time. You can even sub the tuna for shredded chicken if you’d prefer. This modern take on tuna salad doesn’t use mayonnaise, but instead focuses on adding more flavor and nutrients with additional veggies. You may have just found your new favorite lunch! Bon appetit!
What you’ll need:
- 1 avocado
- 1 can of tuna
- ¼ c diced cherry tomatoes
- ¼ c red onion strips
- ¼ c diced celery
- Garlic powder, black pepper and celery salt to taste
What to do:
- Drain the can of tuna well, then place in a bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Sprinkle with seasonings, mix well, and toss in diced tomatoes, celery, and onion strips.
- Halve the avocado lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Scoop out enough flesh to place tuna mix into the avocado, top with additional tomatoes if desired, and enjoy!