We’ve confessed our love for slow-cookers in the past, and this recipe for red pepper chicken chili just re-confirms that love. With a quick preparation and a cook time similar to your work day, you’ll have a perfect meal (and plenty of leftovers) ready for you by the end of your evening commute.
What you’ll need:
- 2 lbs chicken breast, boneless/skinless
- 1 large white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 c chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 24 oz roasted red peppers + juice
- 30 oz red kidney beans, drained
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 2 ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 c chicken broth
- A slow cooker
How to make:
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chopped pepper, onion, celery, and garlic and saute
- Transfer sauteed vegetables to slow-cooker and add in drained beans.
- Place chicken on top and sprinkle with the spices.
- Puree red peppers + juice in a blender until smooth, then pour into slow cooker along with broth.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours ( perfect for the duration of your work day!).
- When you get home, transfer chicken to a plate or bowl, shred with a fork, and mix back into the chili.
- Stir and serve!
Recipe adapted from http://www.aspicyperspective.com/roasted-red-pepper-chicken-chili-recipe/2/