When you’ve got a little bit of extra time to cook in the mornings, this is the perfect go-to recipe— whether you’re serving just a few people (hello leftovers!) or a larger group. It’s delicious, hot, and packed with veggies— which means tons of nutrients to start your morning with. Pair it with a bowl of fruit salad and a cup of hot coffee or tea and you’ve got the perfect breakfast to power you through the first portion of your day! The best part? It’s totally customizable. Add or remove whatever vegetables you like, and you can even experiment with adding meat in if you so choose! Bonus tip: It tastes great topped with salsa and avocado slices!
Serves about 6 people
What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 lb. chopped potatoes, pre-cooked
- 6 eggs
- 10 asparagus stalks, chopped
- 2 c spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 c broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- If desired: 1/4 c low-fat cheese of choice to sprinkle over the top
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray skillet with oil and set aside.
- Crack and whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Stir in potatoes and vegetables.
- Pour mixture into prepared skillet.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until top starts to turn golden. sprinkle with cheese, if using, and allow to melt (about 5 minutes or so), keeping an eye not to burn.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before eating.