Recipe of the Week: Creamy Potato & Celery Soup
Spring is in full swing, and we’re looking for every way we can to incorporate those fresh flavors into our diet. Lucky for you, this soup accomplishes that perfectly. It’s warm— perfect for those still-chilly spring days— and packed with flavor. It makes a great lunch to prepare ahead of time and take to work, or an easy and delicious dinner option for the whole family. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need (Serves 6-8):
- 10 large celery stalks, cleaned
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ yellow onion, chunked
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 8 c. vegetable stock
- ¾ lb. Yukon gold potatoes, diced large
- 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place celery, garlic, and onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO, sprinkle with salt & pepper, then roast 45 minutes.
- While roasting the vegetables, boil the vegetable stock and cook the potatoes. They should need about 8 minutes, but poke with a fork every so often to make sure they’re very tender before you remove from heat.
- Remove vegetables from oven and add into broth with the potatoes.
- In batches, puree the soup and then pour into a crock pot. Add coconut milk and heat over high until soup is hot. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Recipe adapted from http://www.farmgirlgourmet.com/2015/12/roasted-celery-soup-recipe.html.