Summer is just inches away, and we know you’re just excited as we are for all that the season will bring us— especially the seasonal produce. The next time you head to the grocery store, grab these simple seasonal ingredients to make this delicious pico de gallo. Bonus: The leftovers are great in just about anything, so feel free to make extra to accommodate your pico cravings!
What You’ll Need:
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed, chopped
- 5 large Roma tomatoes, diced finely
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp lime zest
- 3 tbsp lime juice
How to Make:
- Mince the garlic and jalapenos in a food processor. You can add more jalapenos to adjust the recipe to your desired “heat”.
- Combine everything in a large bowl, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with tortilla chips, on tacos, in eggs, etc.!
Recipe adapted from http://www.lucismorsels.com/2014/07/homemade-pico-de-gallo.html/