Feeling the weather become a bit colder, and less motivation to go outside? Here are some tips for maintaining your fitness goals during the winter months:
- Set specific, measurable goals for yourself and make a plan to achieve them.
- Having things written down ahead of time will help you plan and execute the steps you need to take to reach your goals
- Find indoor activities that you enjoy, such as gym classes, yoga, or home workouts.
- Or even better - In-Home Personal Training workouts!
- Dress in layers to stay warm while exercising outside.
- Whether you need a snow suit, or just an extra zip up, better to be warmer than risk getting a cold
- Make use of daylight hours to get your exercise in.
- The temperature drips significantly lower at night, so night runs in the winter are a little less appealing
- Try to find a personal trainer or workout buddy to keep you motivated.
- There is always power and accountability in numbers. You don't have to take this journey alone!
- Stay hydrated and eat healthy, balanced meals.
- Nutrition, sleep, and hydration are always key! Despite what season it is.
- Lastly, be consistent, don't give up and make your physical activity a habit.
If you have any questions on how to achieve your fitness goals, reach out to the In-Home & On Site Personal Trainers over at GYMGUYZ. It is our job to help get you there!